Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Gosh, It's been quite a long time. Here I am, back in New York and not very pleased about it. I came back to see my family and to try to straighten out my job situation for a while.. honestly, it's not going great. I had 2 phone interviews and then found out I didn't get the job. Another big disappointment. The rejection doesn't seem to get any easier. I miss my boyfriend more than anything, I just want to wake up to him in the morning and get the kiss him goodnight. The distance is absolutely tearing me apart and I can feel the depression settling in. I'm desperately trying to stay positive but it seems downright impossible some days. I'm trying to not spend any money, which is difficult because that means I can't drive to the rail trail to run or go hiking for the most part because that calls for driving and driving calls for gasoline. This isn't all to say that I'm not doing some worthwhile stuff. I did go for a run today and I read The Kite Runner, which I've been wanting to read. I just started Jackie Robinson's autobiography which is astoundingly inspiring. I did some painting over the weekend and I cleaned my car and the preschool a lot. I sorted through my clothes and donated a bunch of them and I consolidated my other stuff quite a bit. Tomorrow I need to schedule a dentist & doctor's appointment and figure out how I'm going to come up with the money to get my brakes fixed. Gotta just take things one at a time and get myself back to North Carolina. This place doesn't even resemble home for me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment