Sunday, April 10, 2016

Whoa, time flies.

Wow, It has been a little while. 2015 was the year that made me suspicious something terrible was going to happen, because so many wonderful things happened. I guess that is how it happens sometimes, things just start to come together and for me it happened in 1 year. I landed a solidly good job with an amazing organization. I met the man of my dreams, I paid off more than half of my student loan and I got a new car! I'm going to be 26 in a week and this is what my life is. That isn't to say that every day is terrific, that wouldn't be realistic or honest of me t0 portray that. The good things outweigh the bad things and that's something to be thankful for. 

Things I'm excited for:

My garden - I just planted onions outside this afternoon and I have Basil, Cilantro, Tomatoes, Rosemary and Peppers started inside. My hope is to have potatoes, lettuce and cabbage in the ground by the end of the week. I can't wait to have everything planted and watch it all grow. I really enjoy gardening

Taste of County - My BEST friend and I are going to a big country music festival in June and I can absolutely not wait!! Kenny Chesney is going to be playing and I just love seeing him in concert. 

Fishing season - Trout season opened up on the first and I've been out a couple of times since then. Haven't had much luck yet, but I'm hoping to get out on the water more often. We were able to get out on the Hudson River this weekend to jig for Herring and casted Blood worms for Striped Bass a little. With the early Spring it appears the migratory fish are in the river earlier than they were last year, but it may still be too early for the big Stripers. 

Vacations - Mid-May is our first camping trip of the season, we will be heading to Vermont for a few days with my family. Memorial day is looking like a trip to the cabin in the Adirondacks and hopefully some good Brook trout fishing. There has been some talk about making a trip across the country in August/September to visit friends and see a bunch of cool stuff we've been wanting to see. Two of J's good friends are moving out to Northern California in a couple of months and we are dying to visit them.


I am hoping to keep up with this blog a little better than I have in the past. Life sure can get busy but I'd love to  share my experiences and stories with you all. Here's a picture for the road:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment